Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My fridge freezes up in the freezer.and the refrigerator

my fridge freezes up in the freezer.and the refrigerator gets warm
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: mod. wrt771rwyw01 about 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i cleaned the condenser

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the screws going into the back sheet metal panel. Remove the icemaker if you have the icemaker option and pull the entire back panel out of the freezer. You need a multimeter to test continuity through the defrost heater that runs along the bottom of the silver coils as well as through the defrost thermostat clipped onto the top of the silver coil. If either part has no continuity, replace it because it's stopping the unit from defrosting properly. If both parts check good, your main control board would have to be replaced because it's not controlling the defrost cycle properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.