Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Thanks. washed mattress pad. Drum went out of balance. Since

Customer Question

Hi, thanks. washed mattress pad. Drum went out of balance. Since then got error code 'lr', had trouble getting door to unlock and when I do get it going again, spin is hesitant and wont get up to full speed
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag Neptune about 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had a good amount of repairing appliances as a non-pro. I have a multmeter etc
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So to start, "LR" sands for locked rotor and what that means is the motor is having a difficult time rotating the basket. Try to open the door and spin the basket by hand to see if it still spins smoothly. If it's jamming up then your bearing is going out but if it spins smoothly, unfortunately your need a new motor control board because it over strained itself washing the mattress pad and shorted out I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.