Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am getting an error message on one of my Jenn-Air

Customer Question

I am getting an error message on one of my Jenn-Air induction cooktop areas -- F47. Do you know what this means? I can use the other 4 burners it appears. Thank you.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in 2016 and is a 36 inch touch-activated model. I can try to find the model number if you need it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can - but I don't know what the error code means.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the unit is less than a year old, then you're going to want to just flip the breaker off to the cooktop and wait 5 minutes. Flip it back on and see if the error resets. If it doesn't, the error means that your front interface control board isn't communicating with your main power control board properly and the front interface board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.