Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I unlock my anama oven door Thank you, I don't know

Customer Question

How do I unlock my anama oven door Thank you
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't know the model or make. It is about 4yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I held the bake bottom down to long
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Since you don't know the model number, check the control panel and see if one of the buttons has a pad lock symbol or says "control lock" on it or something like that which you need to press and hold for 5 seconds to remove the control lock. Try each button one at a time for 5 seconds if you can't find one. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. Other than that, either the latch has just failed or the control panel is locked. If you can set self clean and the buttons respond, then the control panel isn't locked to try to set and cancel self clean. If the self clean button won't respond and won't beep or anything when you push it, then your panel is still locked and you need to press and hold the correct button to unlock it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.