machinc
machinc, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed home builder AC and DC electronics Circuit Reading Relay and Apparatus electronics over thirty years.
75209918

I have an Electrolux Double Wall oven. The top oven is

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Double Wall oven. The top oven is extremely slow to heat up (60 min to reach 450). And the touch panel seems to be having intermittent issues as well. Is this a costly repair?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 7 years old. I have to check the model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model E30EW85GPS2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  machinc replied 2 months ago.
The parts for your repair would be around $200.00 to $300
depending on your particular model and any smaller parts needed. The top element can be over $100 and the panel parts also vary as there is a control board that is involved in its operation. Thus the $200 to $300 estimate. This is of course a variable sotuation.
Labor is usually from $70 an hour with some technicians charging a flat rate .
With Parts and labor $400 is not an unrealistic figure for your repair.
Expert:  machinc replied 2 months ago.
There are options . Sometimes unplugging the element and cleaning its connections can get it going again . Someone handy at home can often try this first.
It is however usually a temporary repair and not one a professional would leave with any guarantee of no further trouble.
The controls are a different situation and should only be worked on by a professional or an experienced oerson
Expert:  machinc replied 2 months ago.
Possibly a friend or relative that has sucessfully worked on their own oven can help with the element.