Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

F23 error message stopped washer cycle. What does this mean,

Customer Question

F23 error message stopped washer cycle. What does this mean
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool rv size 2013
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

So to start, let's go over the error and what it means as well as what can cause it.

PRESSURE SWTICH ERROR
The wash level and level heater safety are switched on at the same time F23
Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to pressure switch and Central Control Unit (CCU).
3. Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
4. Check the pressure switch for worn or failed conditions .

To access the pressure switch and the CCU, you'd have to pull the washer out and if you have a dryer stacked on top, you need to remove the dryer because the top panel of the washer needs to be removed. Unplug the washer, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel, and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can look for the pressure switch in the back right corner which will have a small rubber hose and several wires going to it. Disconnect the hose and blow through the hose to make sure it's clear to the bottom of the tub. If that all checks good and the wires between the CCU and the pressure switch are secure, then replace the pressure switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.