Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Why does my ge true balance washer leak only during the

Customer Question

why does my ge true balance washer leak only during the delicate cycle?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2015 ge direct drive true balance wm2050cw
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on the problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it does not leak on any other setting
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. More than likely its because to much water is coming in and splashing around during the cycle and its throwing the unit off balance and leaking because of it. Does it get really loud during the cycle? Where is it leaking from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
loud during spinning (only on delicate cycle). Leaking somewhere underneath in middle I think. I see alot of water!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

sounds like the unit is going off balance. Now are you sure its not leaking during any other cycle? Are the loads your doing on delicate are they small?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Positive only on delicate cycle. Yes, loads are small.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

it sounds to me like it is throwing the cycle off due to the small loads and that is why its leaking because the loads are to small. You can try doing a larger load and see if that makes a difference and we can go from there. Since its only leaking on that cycle I dont think anything is wrong other than the load is to small is all.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It shouldn't be leaking on a small load!! I use to do small loads with no problem, now all of a sudden it started leaking. When I say small load, bed sheets and comforter. You know the comforters are just bulky not heavy.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

oh ok that makes more sense then more than likely you have a leaking hose or something possibly the drain out hose that is connected to the drain pump under the unit.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/WM2050CW/3204/0153200.html?searchType=modelSearch&q=wm2050cw&searchTerm=wm2050cw

part k342 on this diagram.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If the drain pump is out then why doesn't it do it on a full load of jeans, sweat shirts etc?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

not the drain pump the drain hose that connects to the pump

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All drain hoses and pumps are connected, emptied out and catch filer cleaned.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

ok so what is happening now. Now that you have cleaned it all out and ensured everything is connected correctly.