Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Nd code on maytag neptune. Replaced drain pump already,

Customer Question

Nd code on maytag neptune. Replaced drain pump already, nothing is clogged. Checked voltage with ohm reader and it's get 120 volts but still wont work
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mah6700aww is the model.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

When you tested the voltage did you remove the wire harness from the pump motor or did you test for voltage with the harness STILL connected to the motor?

And can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tested it with it still connected to the pump

ok if your getting 120 volts to the drain pump motor it should be running!!

And if the pump is new it should also be running.

And the 120 volts to the drain pump does not lie you have a faulty new pump.

Just make sure that the 120 volts is constant to the drain pump and it is not dropping out during a drain mode.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The old pump did something similar. Except it made noise when turning on. I then took it apart and found a nickel stuck on the pump hose portion. I removed that and it worked for another twenty loads or so. I then got nd again. At this point you couldn't hear the pump at all. I replaced the pump and again, no noise at all.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I put the volt reader on when in service mode and just testing the drain pump solely

ok and in the service mode did the pump run then?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No it doesn't run in service mode either. I just tested it again and while in service mode and out of service mode, even with washer off I still have 120 volts. I unplugged from.drain pump as well and still have 120 volts.

with the washer turned OFF your getting 120 volts to the drain pump????

are you sure that your meter is working correctly?

And do you still get the 120 volts if you unplug the unit from the wall?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sure, it's brand new. I unplugged the washer from power and it instantly dropped down to 0.

ok so then you have to have a main control board issue .

the main control board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WP34001479/1185457 ?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If it was the control board wouldn't that not show 120 v also? I tested the two pins on the control board for the drain pump and that works as well....

if you show that you getting 120 volts to the drain pump ,

the ONLY place that voltage comes from is the control board.

What do you mean that works as well?

and where did you test the drain pump on the control board what are the connector locations?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was pin 6 of cn10 and both pins in cn5. According to the service manual those are the pins that need to be tested and should have 120 volts as well. Those are also reading 120 volts

CN10 connector the CN10-5 terminal is open no wire on it .

The drain pump is CN10-6 a Black wire test it to ground

If the unit is OFF you should Not be getting 120 volts out of the control board to the pump motor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's what I tested. Cn-10 pin 6 and cn-5 pin 1 and 3(because I couldn't remember what one it Was). What doesn't make sense to me is if it's the control board why would I get power to the pump at all? And if there's power to the pump why isn't it running?

If the relay on the control board is faulty then it would be welded closed giving you constant voltage to the pump motor.

but the main power relay is not closed so your getting the 120 volts but not enough amperage to turn the pump motor .

voltage is just the current amperage is the force that makes the component operate /work