Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I am looking to replace my water filter & the current filter

Customer Question

I am looking to replace my water filter & the current filter won't loosen as I try to turn it counter clockwise.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just tried for the first time this morning. Yes, I planned on changing this myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I jus
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Sometimes they can get vapor locked and can be hard to remove, first thing you will need to try is to purge the system, turn off the water supply on your home to the unit then get a cup and run a couple cups of water out of the dispenser, the try removing it again, if that does not work then the water filter housing may be jammed and have to be replaced. If you give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to give the housing replacement part number if it comes down to that. let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I turned off the water & the water comes out of the inside dispenser only a drop at a time. Is that how it should be?

only if there is no pressure on the system so that is normal if the water is off it should come out now if not its jammed in the filter head housing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm afraid that it didn't come out. If it is jammed, what we be my recourse? How does something like this happen? Is it possible that the replacement filters vary slightly in size, causing this?