Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Kenmore refrig with in door ice maker im getting

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore refrig with in door ice maker im getting water overflowing inside after a funnel above ice tray is freezing causing water to go other places
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: moder***********approx. 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it just started this within last 3months I have taken it off blow dry to melt ice and continues also raised freezer temp to +1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Does the fill cup freeze over repeatedly after clearing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
usually within two days last night was within one night
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

That is caused by the water inlet valve seeping. allowing water past the diaphragm when it should be closed. The valve will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The valve is mounted on the bottom of the left door, behind the number 312B cover panel, shown as number 619B in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.