John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

G washer will fill with water .but not go into wash

Customer Question

g washer will fill with water .but not go into wash cycle.its does drain and spin
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model (p)LAT2500AAE serial (s)31239814ZB style (y)47909216 2speed motor 13 cycles ,,,,says on little paper assembled 11/2000
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my fiancé or brother.there is a maytag distributor in town , hoping they may have part
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: worked great til yesterday
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

If it fills with water and then does nothing else.

Can you manually move the timer dial to a agitation mode or even a drain /spin mode?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i had that in the question it drains and spins

sorry I read it as it did not drain and spin

ok so after it fills does the timer automatically advance or did you have to manually advance the timer to get it to drain and then spin.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I already gave credit card info to someone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call me now please

I never asked for a credit card!! the only thing I have ask is ((ok so after it fills does the timer automatically advance or did you have to manually advance the timer to get it to drain and then spin.))

Now I see that you have asked for a phone call ,and Just Answer is telling me (((( that your request has failed due Credit card issues.))))

this normally means that your credit card company had not released the money to Just Answer .
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

did I loose you!!

I am not able to call you until Just Answer open the premium service link for me to call you!!