Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag MVWX655DWG that stopped spinning. The drum

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MVWX655DWG that stopped spinning. The drum will rotate by hand but won't cycle normally, it makes a grinding or rubbing noise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a Bravo MCT about 1 year old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like your drive belt may have possibly come off and you are going to need to inspect that. Using it right now can cause other things to fail while its broken so make sure not to use it until this is found out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After receiving your answer I visually inspected the drive belt and found it to be intact and properly routed over the drum and motor pulleys. It has proper tension. All other components appear to be as they should be. The symptom observed involves the drum turning slowly at first, building up speed (but not as fast as it originally did) and then a sound occurs as though the belt drive is slipping on one or both pulleys. Is there a means to adjust belt tension?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well if the belt tension is ok and its on the pulleys correctly then it should not be a problem. Let me pull your parts list back up and see what other possibilities may be.