Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I ( White) spoke with someone there a few days ago. I have a

Hello Pearl, I (Don White) spoke with someone there a few days ago. I have a Sears 2 door Kenmore Refrigerator that is not getting water, only ICE from the front Freezer side door. Your technician recommended that I replaced the water filter and check all lines to insure they were not stopped up. I did so but am not getting any water out of the water solenoid at the bottom right rear of the Refrigerator. Is that normal ? JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model? Customer: I think it is 1997 ir 1998. It is working fine but not water. - Don JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself? Customer: If I can, Yes ??? JA: Anything else we should know to help you best? Customer: Yes I removed the water line from the solenoid valve and re inserted it to see if any water came outl. None comes out. Question: Is that normao?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That is not normal. In fact, the filter would cut water to the icemaker as well if the filter was an issue so if your refrigerator still makes ice, the filter has nothing to do with the problem. Now you've gone one step further and disconnected the water line below the valve which goes to the water dispenser and water doesn't come out when you push the water paddle. So if that is the case, you need to test and make sure you're getting 110 volts to the valve when you push the paddle. If so, your electronic water valve on the back needs to be replaced.

Now to be certain you're testing correctly, the larger diameter water line going to the valve is your water dispenser line. Disconnect this at the valve and put a towel below to see if water comes out the valve without the line connected when you push the lever and if not, you'll need to test for power as I mentioned before.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.