Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmoredishwasher and the lights flash back & forth

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kenmore(###) ###-####dishwasher and the lights flash back & forth between normal wash & light wash. I have unplugged the unit. I was researching how to reset this or if it is in need of repair.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it in 2010 and the manual has(###) ###-####&(###) ###-####listed on the front of it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes ma'am if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine & in the middle of a cycle is when a lot of the lights started flashing & it didn't drain. After unplugging it I was able to hit the cancel & drain button and it did drain, however if I touch any of the buttons this is when the lights start to flash.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Those flashing lights means that the touchpad is failing. Usually this is because the seam from the cycle is beginning to get into the touchpad. If unplugging the dishwasher doesn't reset the issue permanently and the issue comes back, the touch control panel would need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?