Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does e24 mean on boschdish water model#she3ar75uc/21

Customer Question

what does e24 mean on boschdish water model#she3ar75uc/21 also fd941100580
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: first time this happened
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: need an answer first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So E24 is a drain error. It means that the dishwasher isn't draining out in an adequate time which it sounds like is true since you found a pool of water at the bottom. Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?