Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag microwave model mmv4205ds-1 & the catch part

Customer Question

I have a maytag microwave model mmv4205ds-1 & the catch part no w10639186 is broken . How do I get to it to change it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Manufactured 8/2014
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I need to remove it from over the stove and can I get a scematic
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

To access this door latch assembly you need to just open the oven door. Unplug the microwave. Then remove the screws coming in from the top which go through the vent and remove the vent. Then the screw coming in from the top of the control panel. The control panel will slide up a bit and then hinge forward and down.Now you can access the latch going through the control panel access opening.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Attached below is a picture of the screws so you can see what I'm talking about to remove the top vent.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it was very helpful thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean but OK.