Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We had a stove top put into our home about a month ago. The

Customer Question

We had a stove top put into our home about a month ago. The front burner suddenly began to spark. I turned off the burner. when it cooled there is a hole in it. I changed out the burner for one the same size from the back. The new element will not come on now. What can be done?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A couple of days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am not qualified to work on it. When it happened the breaker did not dis engage.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And which burner exactly is having the problems?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not home. Front right
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

OK well unfortunately when burners short out, the draw a lot of power and the contact from the control switch which sends power to that burner usually fails so it can't send power to the burner anymore. If you put a new burner in and it still won't heat, I'd make sure the connection with the wires on the burner receptacle are good and if so then you'd need to replace the burner switch that the knob itself connects to.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?