Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My samsung refrigerator is not working that lights are

Customer Question

my samsung refrigerator is not working that lights are blinking on the control panel meaning it is too hot. i have already cleaned the coils in the back then plugged it back in and no chaneg
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: im not sure how old But the model is RS261MDBP/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i plan on trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: um I've cleaned the coils I've taken off the lower back panel in the freezer and the coils there were sliver
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.
  1. The coils are not frosted in the freezer?
  2. Is the compressor running?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no and no
but someone said that it was last night
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If the compressor is not running, that is why it is not cooling. Are any fans running inside?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what do you mean? how can i tell
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have it unplugged at the moment
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Oh, if you plug it in, will the compressor start? Will the fan inside the freezer come on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let me also state that i am no professional i am just a girl trying to help her mother with the fridge problem
so if possible no super confusing terms
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No worries, can you plug it in and see what starts, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok so everything starts but the compressor the fan in the back that is connected to the compressor and the cooling which is done by the compressor
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the control panel thingy pad in the front is like racing up and down on the dials that show the temperature
and I've tried to do the thing with holding the lighting button and holding the freezer button but thing happened
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If the fan by the compressor is running but the compressor is not, the main board is likely faulty. That would also explain the racing lights. Did you hear the compressor try to start, humming or buzzing followed by a heavy click?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
and the fan isnt working
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, I misunderstood your response. The fan in the freezer is working, though?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when i plugged it in i did hear clinking but then nothing after that
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yea i can hear it
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, do you have a meter to perform any voltage tests with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i already looked for one
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Okay, well the likelihood of the board being faulty vs a wiring issue is much greater. I believe the main board that is mounted on the back will need to be replaced. It is very easy to replace! Would you like a link to that part and instructions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please
but what if it doesn't work?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The board is mounted on the back of the cabinet under the square panel. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

If you have trouble after replacing it, you can post right back here and we continue until you have a working refrigerator. I am very confident that this board will get you back up and running, though!

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.