Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a GE Profile sidebyside fridge and it has stopped

Customer Question

we have a GE Profile sidebyside fridge and it has stopped cooling but we can hear the compressor seems to work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me check pls
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model is: PSCS5RGXCFSS Serial No is: GZ400879
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The temperature of the fridge is now 50 and the freezer is 8 and I continue to try to set the temperature to 37 and -5, but it seems that the panel is not accepting it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. First we will need to remove the panel through the back wall of the freezer from the inside to see if the condenser coils are frozen and if the evaporator fan is running above it. Next the condenser fan near the compressor is it running? Is the compressor really hot to the touch?