Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Maytage washer ran a load this am thought it

Customer Question

hi! I have a Maytage washer ran a load this am thought it finished, but it has a du error code and I can't open the lid
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I don't know the model, I am at work at the moment it is about 2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: noooooo. does it need "work"?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so. just wondering if there is anything I can do, or do I need to call a repair person? what does the code mean? lid assembly issue??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

yes that is a door lock error , the door lock assembly needs to be replaced most likely, Unplug the washer for 5 minutes restore power and see if it corrects itself if not the door lock assembly will have to be replaced. If you would like to try and repair it yourself give me the model number and I will give you the replacement part number a link to order it from and instructions to replace it. Let me know.

If you have no further questions at this time I kindly ask that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page, please know I am not compensated for my time unless you rate the answer. If you have any follow up questions please let me know and also if you have any at a later time after you have rated the answer they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You and Happy Holidays!