John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have replaced the start cap, compressor sw (relay), and

Customer Question

Hello again. I have replaced the start cap, compressor sw (relay), and the thermal protection button. The symptoms are the same, compressor kick on and runs for 7 seconds then shuts off until the next cycle. The comp is warm to the touch. What can I check next? BTY after the 7 seconds I hear a chirp when the comp turns off. Help please. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 3 months ago.

If you have replaced all of that then in this case the compressor is likely just locked up. Sometimes you can use a hard start relay for such cases that can buy more time out of stuck compressors. It works on some, but not all cases. Here is a link to one at Amazon.com.

http://a.co/bdsUybw

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can I just hook up 110 directly to the compressor. If so would it hook up to the bottom two pins? Of course I would do this only to see if the comp will run...

No. One is a start winding and the other is a main winding. The start winding needs to be timed properly to start the compressor by switching automatically to the main winding when the start winding has been energized for a specific period of time.