John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My samsung dryer model DV218AGB/XAA. will not turn after

Customer Question

my samsung dryer model DV218AGB/XAA. will not turn after setting the controls. I pulled the plug to reboot no help. all the indicators work It just won't turn on. Door is closed, child lock is off. any ideas Thanks, John
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: January 2010 Model numberDV218AGB/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have contacted a home appliance dealer in Santa Ana CA who sells blemished appliances mostly new. They also repair. Unfortunately they are closed today because they didn't answer the phone. I may have to wait until Monday.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maybe you have a quick fix at limited cost. I have no idea where you are located and how soon you can be of service??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

When you start the machine, do you hear a click at the control area, even though the motor does not start?