John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a jean air oven and turned it on to pre heat then put

Customer Question

I have a jean air oven and turned it on to pre heat then put in food and shut and locked the door now can not open what should i do ?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I am not there now < but I I would guess that it is maybe 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: what work?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my question is why does the door lock when not in clean mode and can not open , should I not lock it when using oven ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Either the control is getting a message that the oven is too hot (> 600* F) or the latch circuit has issues. Is the oven very hot?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no it was not very hot as far as I know
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Any error codes displayed?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does the door not have to be locked to use the oven , if I should shut the circuit and turn it back on would it over ride the system and maybe then i could open the door?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model #SVD8310S
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The door will only lock if the temperature is above about 600* F or the self clean cycle has been selected. Any error codes displayed?