John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I need to replace the gaskets on a whirlpool refrigerator

Customer Question

I need to replace the gaskets on a whirlpool refrigerator model #REG533HL*2
SERIAL # 50CE 9015. Is this available? Where will I find it?
Thank you,
India Taylor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping your . Please recheck the model number found in the refrigerator section by the top shelf as the model number you gave me is not coming up as valid. By the way, who am I speaking with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is India Taylor. I will check the model #. Keep in mind that this refrigerator is 30 years old and model # may not be at top shelf. The one listed here is at the very bottom above the serial #. Be back shortly.
I have looked by the top shelf and there is no model number.

Ok, thank you. The older models do tend to have the model number at the bottom. Is the model number that you gave me above exactly as it appears on the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I am finding some diagrams and parts lookups of some model numbers that are very close to yours. The availability and pricing for gaskets on these models should be the same. One moment please while I get more information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.

Ok, the model number you gave me shows up as a Frigidaire Range, not a refrigerator. Are you near the refrigerator now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I contacted my parts supplier. They also said that this model number REG533HL is for a Frigidaire stove. Maybe you can recheck the model number when you get near the refrigerator?