Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our LG steam washer mode WM2487HRMA is leaking through the

Customer Question

Our LG steam washer mode WM2487HRMA is leaking through the soap dispenser.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 7-10 years old. Not sure where to find the exact model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally there is something clogged in the dispenser port or in the dispenser itself. Remove the dispenser assembly from the unit and take it apart and clean it all out thoroughly. Then check the internal port where it slides into for any blockages. If that does not cure it you will need a new dispenser.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!