Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

KITCHENAID ICE MAKER KUIS185JBT2 WONT MAKE ICE, MODEL

Customer Question

KITCHENAID ICE MAKER KUIS185JBT2 WONT MAKE ICE
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MODEL KUIS185JBT2 IS ABOUT 15 YEARS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: SOMETIME IT WOULD KEEP RUNNING WATER {MAKING NOISE} i WOULD TURN IT OFF AND THEN BACK ON AND IT WOULD MAKE ICE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

if it will not male ice ,is the unit running at this time?

And if so is it circulating the water over the silver evaporator plate behind the wire cutting grid ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
united is on --water not circulating over sliver evaporator plate.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
frost is on evaporator plate.

Ok you will need to test the water circulation pump for voltage to see if it is a control board or the pump motor itself.

If you do have a volt-Ohm meter then you can test the leads to the pump on the Blue to the White looking for 120 volts A/C

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
had to remove the cutter grid to get to the pump unplug pump check the female sockets blue and white no voltage. pushed the on button no voltage --clean light flash on.

ok so if you had no voltage to the water circulation pump .that means that the control board needs to be replaced.

The control board is item#5 in this parts break down.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagramenlarge/3/0/749727/120746

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-Board/WP2304016/1055218?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back to me .