Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Model DPVH890EJWW GE dryer, it keeps shutting down

Customer Question

I have a Model DPVH890EJWW GE dryer, it keeps shutting down after a few minutes .
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I was told about 6 years, DPVH890EJWW. runs longest on medium heat but after about 15 minutes shuts down and if I restart it only stays on for about a minute.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: First I have to tell you , that it had a four wire connector and my house only had a three. so the equipment ground is not grounded. Could that be my problem or the motor just overheating?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes ,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That typically is a high limit thermostat issue, you need to check the vent pipe for any blockages all the way to the outside, check the filter and duct housing where the filter is for excessive build up and if all is clear then replace the high limit thermostat on the heater housing.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hi there,

I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied thank you.