John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Hope this puts us back to our original blog... Had to check

Customer Question

hope this puts us back to our original blog...
Had to check the bake burner , the screw at the back bend was loose, put another washer back there. Same problem. bent the igniter a little more, problem got worst. Back about a month you could see and hear the the spark. Now you can only hear the igniter, can not see the spark. Will look at the wiring tonight. Do you think i broke the igniter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.

no this is our original chat.

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/31ddc9256c1f4d8e8b45a5c9ab9766a7

If you bent the igniter and the issue got worse did you then try bending it the other direction?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bent back to straight, almost timed out after 30 minutes, opened oven door during the last series of sparks, oven caught. Cracked warming oven, ran for 2 hours.

ok is this a new air tight home?

it sounds as if you do not have a good air /fuel mixture for it to light

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will check the position/gap on the old Bake burner.

ok Great , I suspect the air / gas mixture because when you open the door it stays lite and heats fine it seems.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when it won't lite after the second 40 second interval, I've always been able to open the door during the last sequence of igniter firing and it will lite every time. Open the venturi a tad more to let in more air after comparing it wi the one at home. Heading home in about 15 minutes

ok Great !

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
make adjustments to Bake Burner venturi ( made gap the same as the old Bake Burner), oven works great, but, when I had to use a stove top eye, issue came back. Here what happening, with the stove top eye lite, oven goes through ignition cycle, on the 2nd sequence, oven lights, but continues to produce sparks, reaches the forth spark sequence and shuts down flame. About 5 seconds later, the igniter fires and lites

ok so with a cooktop burner on the oven flame is not hitting the tip of the igniter ,there for not telling the spark module that the flame is present, so the spark module powers off the gas valve.

So try adjusting the tip of the bake igniter so that it is being engulfed in the flame when a cooktop burner is on and the oven bake is on also.

and are you having ANY issue with the oven Broil burner operation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no sir, nothing else noted, will make adjustments this evening.

ok I feel we are getting close!!