Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung Dryer that is spinning fine but is not

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Dryer that is spinning fine but is not heating. I took of the front cover and started it. The coils are not getting red. Model number DV40J3000EW/A2. How do I fix?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you refer to the coils are you referring to the heating element?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/DC4700019A/2068550?mr=1

If so this part can be tested with a multimeter if you have one to see if it is your problem and can be replaced.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I meant the heating element. Here is my meter. What do I set it on and how do I test?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 10 days ago.

wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to determine if the problem is with the heating element or not?

If so all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I didnt test it yet, you didnt answer my question on what to set my meter on?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 days ago.

My apologies I thought I had sent a video that informed you to set it to its lowest setting.