Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Samsung Dryer that is spinning fine but is not

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Dryer that is spinning fine but is not heating. I took of the front cover and started it. The coils are not getting red. Model number DV40J3000EW/A2. How do I fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you refer to the coils are you referring to the heating element?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element/DC4700019A/2068550?mr=1

If so this part can be tested with a multimeter if you have one to see if it is your problem and can be replaced.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant the heating element. Here is my meter. What do I set it on and how do I test?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to determine if the problem is with the heating element or not?

If so all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didnt test it yet, you didnt answer my question on what to set my meter on?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

My apologies I thought I had sent a video that informed you to set it to its lowest setting.