Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Brand new electrolux dryer from retailer. Guys delivered it

Customer Question

Brand new electrolux dryer from retailer. Guys delivered it but never ensured it worked before leaving. Will run for a brief time before shutting off. Does this on all cycles.https://youtu.be/S66fce49AcE
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Looks like you have a defective main control board on the unit. That has happened quite a bit on that unit so I would call for warranty service as the part is expensive to replace.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is a concern even right out of the box?Is there any troubleshooting option available for me or am I stuck until they can come?

With that issue no the board is dropping the relay out on the motor have you tired running it with less clothes and seeing if it will work? The only other thing you can check is the wiring hook up to the unit itself if they did not get the wires tightened down that could be an issue.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I tried running it completely empty and also with just a shower curtain. Response was the same.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you tell me how to check the wiring hookup? Do you mean the electrical cord?

Yes just pull the unit out and if this is an electric gas dryer remove the plate where the cord screws to the terminal block there could be a loose wire there.