Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My thermador oven model#p304cs/04 is flashing code 43. I've

Customer Question

my thermador oven model#p304cs/04 is flashing code 43. I've already replaced cooling fan and ignitor and its still not working. the ignitor would get red but then it would shut off so then thats when I replace the cooling fan and now fan turns on and not the ignitor.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds as if your sail switch is not opening which is located in the front of the door. there are two cooling fans at the back of the oven that draw air in from around the oven and blow it over the circuit boards that are underneath the burners. You can hear the fans and feel the air coming out the front of the oven above the door when the oven is turned on This protects the circuits from overheating. In front of each blower is a "sail switch", a little switch with a lightweight metal rectangle attached. When the fans are blowing (any time the oven is on), it pushes the sail against the switch, closing it, and notifying the oven that the cooling is taking place. If the switch doesn't close, the oven thinks the fans aren't working.

http://www.screencast.com/t/dOrq4wNRV

So what you can do is bend a metal coat hanger and use it to pull the switch forward to "unstick" it. If that does not work then the switch needs replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay im going to give that a try. hold on.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i don't see sail switch
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

do you not see it in the front of the door? Like in the picture I sent you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I don't i see something in the very back that looks like it in front of blower motor.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

that should be it then.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
someone told my husband it could be the gas valve should we check that. if so where is it at.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

the error code 43 is the cooling fans not the gas valve at all. Now you said you replaced the cooling fan did you replace them both?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no we only replaced the one in the back of oven. where is the one in the front.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Sadly I am not able to access the service manual for your unit this evening the site is acting up so I am unable to pull up the location of the other one. It will just have to be looked for. Its more than likely still around the back area.