Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Viking freezer bottom drawer is hitting the refrigerator

Customer Question

My Viking freezer bottom drawer is hitting the refrigerator hinge (lower) preventing it from closing smoothly
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Feb 2005
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: DDBB363LBK
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'd like to do it myself if possible
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you have a wooden panel on the drawer and is it in the track correctly?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No wooden panel
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
It appears in the track
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here's a picture closed
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Here's a picture open and trying to close
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If I slam it, it closes

You may have to adjust the door front on the rails. Can you see where the rails attach to the door?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

OK you should be able to loosen those and adjust the position of the drawer front to the rails so it clears.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay that didn't help at all. Thanks.

Sorry there should be adjustments as either the drawer front is out of position too high on the rails or the rails are out of position. Once of the two is causing that issue.