Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kude70fvss3 needs factory reset...only a couple of lites on

Customer Question

kude70fvss3 needs factory reset...only a couple of lites on the control panel come on when I push Heavy load
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep...how do you factory reset the control panel?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 7 days ago.

The only way to reset is to disconnect power to the unit for 15 minutes. If same result the control panel will need to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ill unplug
thanks
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 7 days ago.

Not a problem. Please use the star chart and rate me a 5 at the top of your page before you go.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Still same symptom...is the a simultaneous button sequence to reset?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 6 days ago.

Unfortunately no if the unplugging didnt work the control panel will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 5 days ago.

I am a different tech and I thought I would help you out with your problem.

There is a key-dance sequence you can use to activate the diagnostic mode.

Heated Dry - Normal - Heated Dry - Normal - Heated Dry - Normal

Remove the bottom panel under the door and there should be a tech sheet that will give you more info on how to test various functions

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks, I'll try it ...and will let you know����
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 5 days ago.

Press "High Temp Scrub, Heated dry, High temp scrub, Heated dry, High temp scrub, Heated dry, High temp scrub, Heated dry" When all lights are lit, press cancel and this is how this unit is reset. For some reason I was thinking it was a Washing machine, my mistake. Let me know if you need anything else by posting to this thread.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The tech sheet for your model is attached. If it will not reset, the touch panel is likely faulty. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Still does not reset....what is the Published Factory Reset for the control Panel
On the KUDE70fvss3 model SPECIFICALLY please.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 day ago.

I sent the entire tech sheet to you with that on it. However, the instructions are below as well.

■ Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-
1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between keys.
■ The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the
door is closed.