Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Years of Repair Experience, Bachelor's Electrical Engineering Technology, MBA
95589641

GE Profile lower oven will not heat up Model #PGB995SET2SS.

Customer Question

GE Profile lower oven will not heat up Model #PGB995SET2SS.Tech said it was gas igniter however diagram does't show that as a part. I think lower may be electric.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your GE oven Please give me a moment to review your model.

Can you tell me if the lower oven broil feature works, but not the bake?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I activate the broil for the bottom oven??? Only bake buttons on console..
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Top oven works.. bottom doesn't

That's ok, the diagram I have shows a bake element in the bottom oven. Anyway, yes, you have a gas burner for the bottom oven and there is an igniter for it. That igniter is most likely what has failed. Would you like a part number and a link to where you can get it? I also have a diagram I can send you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sure..
l looked at the GE diagram.. it shows a temp range sensor but no igniter

Attached is a diagram of the gas burner parts for your oven. The bake burner and igniter are on the bottom. The lower oven igniter is #73 on the diagram. Below is a link to the part.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WB13K10043/0022/364.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=WB13K10043

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

If there is nothing else I can answer, would you mind rating my service to you? Just Answer will only compensate me for my time if you rate me. A rating of 4 stars or more at the TOP RIGHT of your screen will allow free follow up questions for this appliance through this link. (TIPS) are appreciated! Thank you.