Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

My LG WM3150H*C front loading washer is leaking water. It

Customer Question

Hi John,
My LG WM3150H*C front loading washer is leaking water. It seems to be coming from the center of the washer. It even leaks (slowly) when the machine isn't even running. I drained and cleaned out the drain on the bottom front left. Lots of water came out but is still leaking. Thanks a lot.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 11 days ago.

So machine not running, and is empty but still leaks?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It seems to leak more when a cycle is running.

This would be the water valve faulty and you will need to replace it to fix this problem.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is this something I can fix myself? Do you mean the water valve connection that feeds hot/cold to the machine?

Yes you can DIY and yes the device the hoses hook to on the unit.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The hoses and connections are bone dry. It is dripping from the front. exactly center of the machine.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It is actually dripping into the below pedestal and coming through a small hole in the bottom of the pedestal to the floor.

In that case sounds like the tub seal. You can disassemble it and run a cycle to watch and see where the leak is coming from.

Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 9 days ago.