John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Edgestar wine cooler model TWR325ESS which has two

Customer Question

I have an Edgestar wine cooler model TWR325ESS which has two sides and one is not cooling. The fans are working so am guessing it's the cooling node or the circuit board or could it be something else? If it is the circuit board or cooling node how do I tell which one it is?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just noticed it wasn't cooling on that side yesterday.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe if it's not too involved? Think I can get the parts for free as it's less than 12 months old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** looking at the circuit boards at the back, are the red and green leds lite when the wine cooler is connected to the power source?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Assume you mean "are the red and green leds lit"? Not sure, will check tonight when I get home. Does this unit have two cooling nodes on each side?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 days ago.

Yes these indicate a fault if you have one - in answer to your questions, yes one pcb for two cooling nodes ie total cooling nodes in this model is 4, two each side.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
if one or both of these leds are lit it means there is a fault in the circuit board? If there is a fault in the circuit board would this possibly compromise the cooling nodes as well?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 10 days ago.

Yes it would - also note that these circuit boards are piggy backed, ie Power from one board connects to the next. This doesnt mean that both boards are faulty but it can cause strange faults so we change them as a pair as a rule. Firstly lets see what you have with the leds when you get home later.