Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The knob on my gaggenau oven broke off. How can I replace

Customer Question

The knob on my gaggenau oven broke off. How can I replace it? I cannot use the oven without it.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I dont know. I am renting a guest house, and I dont have all the directions on it. If you tell me where to look I can get that information and get back to you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible. Or I can get someone to come out and do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have a picture?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

What is the model number and which knob?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no skills. I'm a female 60 yr old writer. Not a technician.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can hire a handyman?

Yes you will need an appliance tech to fix this as the switch behind the knob will have to be replaced. You would be best to call someone in your area out to check it out on site especially for a Gaggenau product.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
really? Thanks for telling me that. I was on the gaggenau website trying to get that info whne this page came up and took ove.r it cost me 28 bucks to get the info that i was trying ot get. And I still dont know how to find out the model number. thanks a lot.

I am just a tech I can help you get the model, it should be on the frame edge when you open the door.