Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am getting an F01 E02 display on my washing machine, it is

Customer Question

I am getting an F01 E02 display on my washing machine
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is a Whirlpool WFW94HEXW2 probably 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have tried removing and reapplying power a couple times and I also opened the door and spun the drum, which didnt help
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 days ago.

So this F01 and E02 means that your motor control board isn't reading the tachometer on your motor correctly when it tries to turn the motor. First, just open the door and spin the drum to make sure the inner basket spin smoothly. If so, you'll need to remove the entire back sheet metal panel and the screws coming in from the back of the top panel so you can remove the top panel by pulling straight back, up and off. Make sure all the wire connections are secure to the motor control board (MCU) and if everything looks good, the MCU will need to be ordered and replaced. The MCU generally costs about $300 for the part, but it only takes about 20 minutes to replace so if you're handy, you can definitely replace this part yourself. The motor control board is mounted to the floor below the tub and there is a picture of it in the link below. Below is a link to the MCU for your model number.

CLICK HERE for motor control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.