Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Code 2020. The card has been replaced but

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Code 2020. The card has been replaced but when following the instructions for programming it does not show PE as the instructions manual. We are pressing door alarm/freezer temperature- for three seconds. Its this correct?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model MFI2569VEM2, SERIAL: K01307306.I purchased it like 6-8 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. I have the repairman in my house right now. But he is having problems with the programming and I started looking though the internet to see if somenone can help.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats all the info I have. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately you have the wrong instruction to program your board so let me explain how to program your board and to be sure, let's make sure you have the correct board also. The board you need for this model and serial number is *****

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 up/down buttons around the display itself which are not labeled. LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.