John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag gemini (MER6555AAW) and my upper oven will

Customer Question

I have a maytag gemini (MER6555AAW) and my upper oven will not come up to temperature. It definately gets warm, but is not to temp. Where do I start for trouble shooting?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is probably going on 13 or 14 years now. model is MER6555AAW , serial is 10534689EV
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I want to know too, if due to it's age it would end up being more cost effective to replace it. My daughter, who is autistic, broke the handles on it within a month of have it so it has been pretty beat up over the years and I don't want to spend money that would be better spent towards a new one?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you with your Maytag oven. Please give me a moment to review your model.

When you say that the upper oven gets warm, do you mean warm to the touch or almost to temperature?