Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I agree "coil" is suspect on Whirlpool gas dryer. How

Customer Question

Kelly, I agree "coil" is suspect on Whirlpool gas dryer. How confident are you that it is coil vs valve since coil reads 1285ohm vs 1220ohm and it is intermittent in turning on valve for gas? I'm use to coils OPENING at failure. You don't have to have all answers but I'd like to get your gut on which parts to get for success on first try. thanks, Mike
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

These coils are very common to fail intermittently. Typically, they work for the first one or two times, then fail, so testing is not usually productive in verifying failure because they will test fine and even work at first. The dryer valves rarely fail and I have never seen one be intermittent.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks A LOT!!! That is great to know since I'm NOT familiar with this family of valves/coils. Will pickup coils and proceed. signed "Wet clothes" Mike ;-)
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 days ago.

Drip dry out the window to get the coils! :-)