Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a hot point stove mod# RB790SH1SA top of stove works

Customer Question

I have a hot point stove mod# ***** top of stove works fine oven will not come on replace oven control board still nothing. check incoming power with old CB at main power cord on stove( N to L1 220v) N to L2 0v)
unplug red wire to CB( N to L1 110v)N to L2 110v) it does the same thing with new CB.
New Control Board # WB27K10358
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Ok so do you have 240 from L1 to L2? This seems you have a power issue or it is wired wrong....you should have 240 from L1 to L2 and 120 from L1 to N and 120 from L2 to N.....if not you have a power issue for sure.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay will be standby for your answer and will glad to use the Star Rating Link when finish.

Did you check the power where I indicated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have 240v off L1-L2 .

Do you have that at the clock at L1 and L2 if so you have a bad clock then, nothing else would cause that issue. Now do the burners work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All burners are working clock is built into control board will check power on control board at L1 and L2. Keeping in mind with red wire plug in control board that is when I get the odd volt reading at the power cord block.

Yeah maybe you have a bad wire...check power at L1 and L2 at the clock and check from each to the Neutral at the clock as well, let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at stove site will check tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks!

ok sounds good

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a family emergency going on I will get back to you as soon as I can.Thanks

OK thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope to be back home this weekend and be able to finish this project.
Sorry for the delay.

No problem