Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The soak and scrub and normal light on my dishwasher

Customer Question

the soak and scrub and normal light on my dishwasher continually blink and it can't be set to wash.Can you help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whrlpool Quiet partner 3 energy star(###) ###-#### It is about 8 yrs. old can't run a cycle because it won't start.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of at this time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If that is happeneing the touchpad is bad and will need to be changed out. You can try to shut the power off to the unit for a full minute, but if the lights start to blink again replace the touchpad on it. You need the complete model off the tag on the frame edge and you can go to SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM to order one with the correct color. They are easy to install just remove the perimeter panel screws and change it out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!