Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a haier apartment size dryer,model # hlp1406. it has

Customer Question

I have a haier apartment size dryer,model # hlp1406. it has stopped drying, and i think it could be a heating element. could you let me know if this it the case,and how much a new one would cost thank you [email protected] zero.net
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 days ago.

So yes, if the dryer won't heat, it likely is a bad heating element and it's about $40 for the part. The part number is ***** for this model and you can order one at Repairclinic.com if you wanted although it's not currently in stock. Either way, make sure you have 220 volts going to the dryer from your house and if so then you likely have a bad element. If you have a multimeter you can test the old element for continuity and if it does NOT have continuity that confirms it's bad and needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.