Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have Kenmore refrigerator and the Air filter change light

Customer Question

Have Kenmore refrigerator and the Air filter change light came on and I replaced the filter. Then tried to reset the warning light but it will not go off after pressing on the air filter pad for 3 seconds. What can be done to clear the light and reset the filter change warning light.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Model#795.73054410
Serial#506TRYD07306
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 days ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So you are correct, you should just need to press and hold the Air Filter button on the control panel for 3 seconds to reset the filter light. If that's not working, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to reset the electronics and then try again by holding it for up to 10 seconds. If it still won't reset, the front display board is just acting up and if you want to get the light to work properly and reset that entire front display panel would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.