Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The lid to the dishwasher will not raise. I have "paused"

Customer Question

The lid to the dishwasher will not raise. I have "paused" and restarted which has worked in the past but not today. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If you force the drawer closed and then try to start a cycle, wait 10 seconds and cancel it, it should lift the lid. If not then you must force the door open all the way, remove the drawer, and replace the lid actuators which are the lift motors for the lid on the right and left side walls and only seen once you remove the drawer and pull the drawer off it's rails. It's actually a fairly tricky job to replace the part so unless you're handy you may need to call a technician.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.