Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag mav-12 won't spin, everything else works, 2002, if I

Customer Question

maytag mav-12 won't spin, everything else works
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 days ago.

If the unit still drains but it won't spin, either your thrust bearing assembly is worn out or the transmission is bad. There is 1 single belt below the washer that turns the pump pulley and the transmission pulley so if the washer still drains but it won't spin, your belt is moving which means that your motor is running and the pulley below the transmission is running. I would replace the thrust bearing kit under the transmission and if for some reason the issue persists you need a new transmission and that wouldn't be worth fixing. Below is a link to the thrust bearing kit for your model.

CLICK HERE for thrust bearing kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.