Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore cloth wash that is overfilling. I believe

Customer Question

I have a kenmore cloth wash that is overfilling. I believe it is related to sand in the supply line. Hw can I clean out the supply line and solve this problem>
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Sure, it looks new. say less than five years old!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can! I am handy with such repairs.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: OK Good question. We have had earth quakes and that has puut muud in the water system. I am blowing out lines in the house to get facets working again.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

So the only thing you can do to clean out the filter screens on the valves is pull the washer forward and unplug the unit. Turn the water off to the washer and unscrew the water supply hoses from the back of the washer. You'll see a screen inside the receptacles where the hoses used to connect to the back of the washer. Use a spray bottle and Q-tip to flush out and clean the screens. Other than that, you cant open up the valve itself so if it worked its way past the screens, you would need to replace the valves on your washer which are the parts the screens are inserted into.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.