Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool washer that when cycle is done it will

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer that when cycle is done it will automatically restart in 5min or so. wondering if control board is bad or its in the
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2yr and mwtw4900bwo
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yea most likely I run a hvac company but not extremely familiar with washers
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it seems to do the same no matter what setting its on
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 days ago.

So you are on the right track. The only things that can cause this issue is to replace the control board. You can try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then the part you need to order and replace is part number W10582042.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.