Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

TYLER Z. I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL OVEN THAT HAS A PROBLEM. WHEN I

Customer Question

TYLER Z. I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL OVEN THAT HAS A PROBLEM. WHEN I SET THE TEMP FOR PREHEATING, THE TEMP CONTROL WILL NOT GO UP. WHEN I PUSH THE UP BUTTON, THE TEMP ONLY GOES DOWN.EVEN WHEN IT IS SET ON 250 DEGREES, IT WILL NOT GO UP, JUST DOWN. CAN YOU HELP?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So unfortunately if the unit is only going down and won't go up even when the down button is pressed, it means that your control board has failed. Try to unplug the oven for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. Other than that there really isn't anything you can do but replace the front interface control board. You'll need the model number too look up the part however. The model number is ***** on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I FIGURED THAT WOULD BE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE THE MOD. AND SER. NOS. THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the bad news. I appreciate you coming back after your refrigerator I helped you with before as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
THANKS AGAIN. I`LL PROBABLY BE ASKING MORE QUESTIONS. SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING WE HAVE IS BREAKING DOWN.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

well for your sake I hope not. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.